We don’t know about you, but for us, mornings are a marathon. We are up early, and from the time that our feet reluctantly make contact with the floor, we are running. Whether we are tending to the pets, the kids, the spouses, or, imagine this…ourselves…it seems that the morning whizzes by. Getting out the door in time leaves us exhausted and ready for bed again, immediately.
Mornings like this mean that breakfast needs to be quick, easy, and hopefully, nutritious. And that means, that many mornings, we often turn to this tomato and feta toast. It can be put together in under 2 minutes (we’ve timed it), and more importantly, it is so delicious that it is often
inhaled eaten in under 2 minutes too.
There isn’t much help required here, as this is not really even a recipe…it’s more assembly instructions. What you will note in the list of ingredients is that there is no quantity of feta listed; indeed, use as much as you like and don’t worry too much about it. Mornings are stressful enough!
Use the freshest tomatoes you can find, of course. Use good quality Greek feta, and make sure your bread is not stale (or mouldy)…and you’re good to go!
Mia Kouppa: Tomato and feta toast
- 2 slices thick country bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sized tomato
- feta, as much as you like
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Greek oregano
- If time permits, and if this is your preference, toast your bread. This is optional, as un-toasted bread will be just as delicious.
- Drizzle your bread with olive oil. Top with slices of tomato. Top the tomato with slabs of feta. Top that with some dried Greek oregano and some more olive oil. Enjoy.