We don’t know about you, but for us, mornings are a marathon. We are up early, and from the time our feet reluctantly make contact with the floor, we are running. Whether we are tending to the pets, the kids, the spouses, or, imagine this…ourselves…it seems that the morning whizzes by. Getting out the door in time leaves us exhausted and ready for bed again, immediately. This tomato and feta toast comes to the rescue pretty often!
Mornings like this mean that breakfast needs to be quick, easy, and hopefully, nutritious. And that means that many mornings we turn to this tomato and feta toast. It can be put together in under 2 minutes (we’ve timed it), and more importantly, it is so delicious that it is often
inhaled eaten in under 2 minutes too.
There isn’t much helpful hinting required here as this is not really even a recipe…it’s more assembly instructions. What you will note in the list of ingredients is that there is no quantity of feta listed; indeed, use as much as you like and don’t worry much about it. Mornings are stressful enough!
Of course, use the freshest tomatoes you can find. Good quality Greek feta will make all the difference, and make sure that your bread is not stale (or mouldy)…and you’re good to go!
Mia Kouppa: Tomato and feta toast
- 2 slices thick country bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sized tomato
- feta, as much as you like
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Greek oregano
- If time permits, and if this is your preference, toast your bread. This is optional, as un-toasted bread will be just as delicious.
- Drizzle your bread with olive oil. Top with slices of tomato. Top the tomato with slabs of feta. Top that with some dried Greek oregano and some more olive oil. Enjoy.