Egg zucchini muffins flavoured with cheese are the perfect make-ahead breakfast!
School starts back soon and a new academic year always feels like an opportunity for new beginnings! Key to stress-free school year living is planning and organization and although we would love to say that we are always on the ball…that just isn’t always the case. Before bed searching for misplaced books or socks, snoozed alarms and rushed mornings, forgotten notes, lost lunch boxes, pimples on picture day….we’ve lived it all! And it isn’t over!
There are some things however that make us feel as though we’ve got a grip on life. As silly as it may sound, recipes like this one for egg zucchini muffins are one of those things. These portable, easy to reheat and eat egg muffins are so handy to have in the refrigerator. Make a batch and store them in a container for your family to grab and go on busy mornings. Pack a couple for lunch and along with some carrot sticks or a salad and you’ve got a pretty well-balanced meal.
You can freeze the egg zucchini muffins
Double the recipe and keep some egg zucchini muffins in the freezer for supreme organization! Simply allow the muffins to cool completely, wrap them in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer safe container or freezer bag. Defrost in the refrigerator several hours or the night before you would like to eat them.
You can turn them into a sandwich.
Place an egg zucchini muffin between two slices of toasted English muffin or some toast, press down and enjoy an even heartier and more satisfying breakfast.
Not just for breakfast!
Egg zucchini muffins are great for breakfast but also make a great light lunch or snack. Pack them in a cooler for a long car ride or an after sport practice energy boost.
You can use another cheese instead of the feta in these egg zucchini cups.
If you don’t like feta (huh??!!) then feel free to substitute with any other cheese you have on hand. Any hard or semi-soft cheese would work deliciously!
Want more recipes to make back to school easier?
Pin this recipe if you like it!
We love hearing from you! If you have made our recipes, or if you have a question or comment, or simply want to say Hi!, please leave a comment below!
Looking for more zucchini recipes? Try these:
Egg zucchini muffins
- Muffin tray
- Baking tray
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) whole milk or cream, or lower fat milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp dry oregano
- 1 cup (135 grams) grated zucchini, packed
- ⅓ cup (40 grams) crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 4 basil leaves finely slivered
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil for greasing muffin cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your muffin pan by greasing it well with vegetable oil. Set aside.1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- In a medium size bowl whisk the eggs well until they are light and frothy.6 large eggs
- Next add the rest of the ingredients to the eggs and mix well to combine. Use either a whisk or a fork to do this.⅓ cup (80 mL) whole milk, ½ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp dry oregano, 1 cup (135 grams) grated zucchini, packed, ⅓ cup (40 grams) crumbled feta, 1 tbsp chopped chives, 4 basil leaves
- Divide the egg zucchini mixture evenly among 8 regular sized muffin cups.
- Place the muffin tray on top of a baking tray (to catch any drips) and bake in the middle rack of your oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the muffins are set and the top of your egg zucchini muffins are browned.