Peach, tomato and feta salad is a refreshing and delicious summer side or light meal.
This is great summer salad! The colours are reminiscent of a flirty summer dress (or a Hawaiian shirt) and the taste is bright, sweet, salty, crisp and absolutely perfect.
Typical fruit salads are great, but we also love to have fun with ingredients. Some of you may not have thought to combine peaches with tomatoes or to serve feta in the same bowl as sweet fruit. But, if you’ve been around these parts long enough you know that feta pairs beautifully with the fresh tastes of summer, like watermelon! You can see that combination in action here, and here.
We’re pretty sure that if you try this peach, tomato and feta salad you will be hooked! It is easy, pretty and satisfying.
Use quality ingredients for the peach, tomato and feta salad.
The better the ingredients, the better the salad. Buy vine-ripened tomatoes (or pick them from your garden if you’re lucky), sweet peaches and good quality Greek feta.
Add some sweetness to the vinaigrette.
We like to add either a bit of pure maple syrup or honey to the dressing. You can also use agave or even some brown sugar. Alternatively, you can omit the sweetener in the vinaigrette.
Serve the salad as a side or as a light meal.
You can easily make this peach, tomato and feta salad lunch, or you can serve it alongside some other deliciousness. We love to pair bright salads such as this one with chicken souvlaki or pork souvlaki. It would go equally well with grilled steak or amazing lamb burgers.
Looking for more great salads? Check these out:
Greek lettuce salad (Maroulosalata)
Pin this recipe if you like it!
We love hearing from you! If you have made our recipes, or if you have a question or comment, or simply want to say Hi!, please leave a comment below!
Peach, tomato and feta salad
- 400 grams fresh tomatoes we like to use an assorted variety of tomatoes
- 2 medium size peaches
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
For the vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Wash and cut your tomatoes into bite-size chunks. If using cherry tomatoes slice them in half. Place all the tomatoes in a medium size bowl.400 grams fresh tomatoes
- Wash and cut your peaches into chunks. Add the peaches to the bowl with the tomatoes.2 medium size peaches
- Add your sliced red onions, chopped green onions and your fresh chopped mint to the bowl with the tomatoes and peaches.1/4 cup sliced red onion, 2 green onions, chopped, 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- In a small bowl combine the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk to combine.1 tbsp white wine vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Pour the vinaigrette over your salad and toss lightly, being careful not to break apart your tomatoes or bruise your peaches.
- Complete the salad by sprinkling your crumbled feta over it.1/4 cup crumbled feta