These easy breakfast tortilla wraps are full of eggs, veggies, cheese and ham for the best make-ahead meal!
Breakfast is often touted as being the most important meal of the day. We’re here to help make it the easiest one as well. If you’re like us, mornings are often CRAZY! We thought things would get better as the kids got older, but…no. To those of you with little ones, dreaming about the future and imagining yourselves sipping lattes during peaceful, uneventful mornings…we’ve got some news for you! Whether your children are still in diapers or you have teens that need to be dragged out of bed, morning challenges always exist. They just look different.
Anything that can help make this busy and stressful time less hectic is a great idea in our books! This is why we just love recipes such as this one for easy breakfast tortilla wraps. Filled with a vegetable and cheese “omelette” (that you bake!), ham and more cheese, these tortilla wraps are portable, packable, and pretty darn delicious!
What makes these easy breakfast tortilla wraps so easy?
- The eggs are baked, so no standing over the stovetop tending to an omelette. You just whisk everything together, pour it into a baking pan and do something else (or nothing!) for about 18 – 20 minutes.
- You can make easy substitutions. Prefer a different cheese? Go for it! Hate ham but love sliced turkey? Great, use that instead. Vegetables gross you out? Stop whining….just eat your vegetables.
- You can make these the day before! In the morning all you have to do is take a couple of minutes to reheat them.
- If you run so late that breakfast is either in the car or the office, that works. The way these tortilla wraps are prepared makes them super easy to eat on the go!
- If you have time in the mornings to make more time consuming breakfasts like our amazing pancakes and peach sauce, then these easy breakfast tortilla wraps are still a great idea…just call them easy lunch tortilla wraps!
Use both butter and cooking spray to grease the bottom of your baking pan.
This may seem a little excessive, but we find that spreading some butter on the bottom of the baking pan and then covering this with cooking spray makes it almost impossible that any of your egg will stick to the bottom. For certain dishes, like this one which also contains mozzarella (which tends to stick), the extra step works well.
If you only have butter or you only have cooking spray however you can use only what you have. Just be super careful that the entire bottom surface and sides of your pan are well coated.
We like to use a glass baking pan for this recipe.
A glass baking pan allows us to visualize the bottom of the eggs. This way we can be sure the bottom does not burn before the eggs are fully cooked. Not critical, but helpful.
You can enjoy the baked omelette on its own!
If you are avoiding carbs and would prefer not to eat a tortilla, you have options. This baked omelette can be served on its own, with some ham (or bacon) on the side. A very healthy breakfast!!
Easy breakfast tortilla wraps can be frozen!
We include instructions on how to freeze and then reheat these breakfast wraps in the Recipe itself. Having a few of these wraps in the freezer, ready to be grabbed by anyone and enjoyed, is a
Looking for more easy breakfast ideas? Check these out:
We love hearing from you! If you have made our recipes, or if you have a question or comment, or simply want to say Hi!, please leave a comment below!
Easy breakfast tortilla wraps
- 9 x 13 inch baking pan
- non-stick frying pan
- 6 large tortillas
- 6 slices cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- 6 slices deli ham or deli meat of your choice
- 6 tsp mayonnaise
For the baked omelette
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp Greek yogourt, plain
- 1 cup (133 grams) grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp butter for greasing the pan
- vegetable oil spray for greasing the pan
For the omelette
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your baking pan by greasing it with the butter and then spraying it with some vegetable oil spray. Set aside.1 tsp butter, vegetable oil spray
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs with the milk and yogourt and whisk until very well combined.8 large eggs, ¼ cup (60 mL) milk, 1 tbsp Greek yogourt, plain
- Squeeze out as much water as you can from the zucchini (using either your hands, a cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel).1 cup (133 grams) grated zucchini
- Add the drained zucchini, red pepper, mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.1 cup (133 grams) grated zucchini, 1/2 cup diced red pepper, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Pour into your prepared baking pan and bake, uncovered, in the middle rack of your oven for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Test for doneness by ensuring that the egg is set (touch the top with your finger) and slightly brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool and cut into 6 equal pieces.
To assemble your tortilla wrap
- Place the round tortilla in front of you and imagine it separated into quadrants. Make one cut from the bottom edge of the tortilla to the center point (see images).6 large tortillas
- On the bottom left quadrant place your omelette. On the top left quadrant place a slice of ham. On the top right quadrant place a slice of cheese and then on the bottom right quadrant spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise.6 slices cheddar cheese, 6 slices deli ham, 6 tsp mayonnaise
- To wrap, carefully fold the quadrant with the egg up to cover the ham. Next, fold this over to cover the cheese. Finally, bring up the quadrant which has the mayonnaise. You should now have a triangular tortilla wrap! See photo above.
If serving immediately
- You can either eat the tortilla as it is OR: Optional: Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat and toast the tortilla wrap on it for about a minute per side. This will make your tortilla a little crispy, and will melt the cheese.
If made ahead for another day
- Keep in the refrigerator for a day or 2: Wrap well in parchment paper and place in either a food storage bag or a plastic container. To reheat, pop into the microwave for about 30 seconds. You can either enjoy your wrap like this, OR do the extra step of heating it in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and toast the tortilla wrap on it for about a minute per side. This will make your tortilla a little crispy,
- Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months: Wrap well in parchment paper and then plastic wrap. Place your wrapped tortilla wraps in either a freezer safe storage bag or freezer safe container.For best results defrost in the refrigerator overnight and then follow the instructions for reheating listed in the step above.